This summer, a beautiful home exterior can help you enjoy your property to the fullest. While the idea of having an outdoor oasis may be enough to motivate you to perform improvements, doing so could also boost your home’s value when it comes time to sell.
If you’re thinking of performing some outdoor home improvements, here are a few with the power to impress buyers…
Touch up your paint
Painting is one of the simplest ways to refresh your home’s exterior—and win over buyers when they come calling. Whether your siding needs a new coat or your trim could use a touch-up, you’re looking at a low-cost job that you can finish over the weekend.
Of course, paint can do more than just restore your home to its former glory. It can also help your property make a stronger first impression. A great way to do that is by painting your front door an eye-catching hue.
Consider your landscaping
Think of the most beautiful homes you’ve ever seen. Chances are, trees, greenery, and flowers were somewhere in sight—and they were probably laid out to make a stellar first impression.
From shrubs to flower beds to planters, landscaping can make your home look a lot more pulled together. It can also increase your property’s value by an impressive 20 percent.
Don’t know where to start? You may want to consider contacting a landscape architect. If that’s not in your budget, take a step back and look for areas that could use some improvement—then head to the local gardening store for advice.
Care for your lawn
The potential return on a healthy lawn is significant. Along with looking vibrant, it tells buyers that you’ve invested in caring for your home. Unfortunately, achieving that perfect deep green hue can be a challenge for even the most skilled gardener.
As summer approaches, there are a few basic rules of thumb to remember. Don’t mow your grass too short, and don’t water it too late in the day (since extra moisture may not have time to evaporate). Use a slow-release fertilizer at regular intervals and be as proactive as possible when it comes to weeds.
Focus on lighting
Light acts as a beacon, welcoming visitors to your home once the sun goes down. It can also make your property feel safer—and reduce the likelihood of accidents. It’s no wonder that many buyers look at exterior lighting when they’re home hunting.
To make your home shine, consider your lighting needs. Do you want to highlight certain aspects of your landscape design? Are you planning to illuminate a full path to your home, or simply invest in some porch lights? From there, you’ll want to consider factors such as bulb brightness, along with the type of fixtures that will best complement your property.
Performing a few outdoor home improvements can do even more than boost your own personal enjoyment. Choose your upgrades wisely, and you could get more interest from buyers when you’re ready to sell—not to mention a higher return.
Focus on lighting Transformative Outdoor Lighting Ideas
<a href=”https://vipservices4u.com/the-best-outdoor-home-improvements-for-summer-enjoyment/”>Outdoor lighting</a> has the power to create a magical atmosphere in your outdoor space, allowing you to extend your evenings and enjoy the outdoors long after the sun has set. Here are two illuminating ideas to consider:
- Festive String Lights: String lights add a touch of whimsy and charm to any outdoor setting. Hang them between trees, along fences, or above your patio to create a warm and inviting ambiance. Opt for LED lights, which are energy-efficient and long-lasting.
- Pathway Lighting: Illuminate your pathways with strategically placed lights to enhance safety and aesthetics. Solar-powered pathway lights are a great eco-friendly option, and they require no wiring or maintenance.
Make a Splash with a Stunning Water Feature
Longing for a serene and soothing outdoor retreat? Incorporating a captivating water feature can do wonders for your outdoor space. Consider the following ideas:
- Tranquil Fountain: Install a beautiful fountain as a focal point in your garden or patio. The sound of cascading water will create a calming ambiance and provide a refreshing escape from the summer heat.
- Pond or Waterfall: If you have more space to spare, a pond or waterfall can bring nature’s harmony to your backyard. The gentle flow of water and the sight of aquatic life can evoke a sense of tranquility and relaxation.
Embrace the Shade with a Stylish Pergola
Shielding yourself from the scorching summer sun is essential for enjoying your outdoor space comfortably. A pergola is an excellent addition that combines functionality and aesthetics. Here are a couple of ideas to consider:
- Retractable Canopy: Install a retractable canopy on your pergola to control the amount of shade you desire. This allows you to adapt to changing weather conditions and create the perfect balance between sun and shade.
- Greenery-Covered Pergola: Create a natural and enchanting shade by training climbing plants to grow on your pergola. Plants like wisteria or grapevines not only provide shade but also add beauty and fragrance to your outdoor oasis.
And there you have it! With these outdoor home improvement ideas, you can create an inviting summer retreat right in your own backyard. So go ahead and transform your outdoor space into a place where memories are made and relaxation is king. Remember, the possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination.
Now, it’s time to get started on your outdoor oasis. Share your progress with us on social media using the hashtag #SummerOasis, and don’t forget to follow us for more tips and inspiration. Get ready to bask in the sun and enjoy the warm summer days ahead!